James Ko, PT
Founder of IndeFree
Sports Medicine PT
Private Practice Owner
Physical Therapist since 1996
Private Practice Owner since 1997
- National instructor on billing for physical and occupational therapy
- Legal advisor to attorneys on matters of billing, coding, and fraud
Public & MotivationalSpeaker for 16 years
Missionary to S. Korea, Ecuador, Thailand
Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do for 20 years
Strength &Powerlifter for 14 years
Educator for 14 years
Some of my personal side…
- Golfing, fishing, reading, tae-kwon do, eating, fitness, guitar, are hobbies I love.
- My 3 dogs (2 from rescue and 1 golden) are my ‘adopted’ children.
- Mission trips are always meaningful, rewarding, and life-changing. This is me in a refugee camp in Thailand. Christians are being persecuted in Burma and therefore are fleeing to the Thai border. This picture might ‘look’ pleasant but much suffering is going on.
Some things that I believe…
- I believe that it’s not where you ARE but in which direction you are moving that matters most.
- I believe it’s not the strongest or most intelligent that are most successful in private practice, but the one that adapts to change extremely well.
- I believe every physical therapist should think about private practice by year 5 of being out of school.
- I believe every practice can be successful as long as they automate their systems, collect at time of service, supersize each session, eliminate accounts receivables (A/R), and don’t sit around waiting for physicians to refer and tap into the community directly.
Common causes of failure in…
What others say about me…
James is an expert in the field of physical therapy business concepts. He is a leader in innovative marketing, effective clinic setup and team building for effective positive patient outcomes. His courses are thebest: an eye-opening learning experience. They are wellworth your time and money. –Bert Reitsma, PT
James Ko and his organization have been instrumentalin assisting with marketing materials and planning in the growth of my business. I highly recommend James’ services to anyone who is looking to grow their practice. –Lester Hammond, PT, Central FL
James is an industry leader in the field of practice management and his expertise has helped me with various things such as audit proofing our documentation and procedures; and also with insurance fight back collection letters. He has many ideas on practice building with a lot of real world experience with what works. –Adrian Melero, Acupuncturist, Miami FL
Anyone in private practice or considering starting oneabsolutely needs to attend one of James’ courses! I attribute much of our business success to the information and advice he has shared with us! He remains aninvaluable business and professional resource for me. –Andre Huu, PT, Texas
James provides excellent business advice for those starting or running a private health care practice. He understands and conveys how to obtain client connections and improve services and client interactions, as well as how to most effectively work with all 3rd parties. –Richard Feingold, Business Manager
I loved the energy that James presents with. He provides tremendous focus on what NEEDS to be done and how to do it well! I love that he challenges us to bring out our own truth so that we can identify our goals, our desires in business, and also plan our timeframes and deadlines. –Julia Osbourne, PT, Colorado
James is very sharp on all aspects of our profession. He has great energy and I very much respect all he has done. His insight and understanding of people and how they react to psychology is exceptional. –JB Dudley, PT, Minnesota
James speaks from the heart. You know how in those seminars you have to pay extra for each additional information…James is thorough. He leaves no stone unturned. He covers everything you need to know about succeeding in private practice from A to Z. –Laura Coppee, PT
James is passionate and believes in what he is doing. We got tons of great real world information that will help us get our business up and running now. The Class gave us the motivation to go for it. –David Ondrick, Renew PT, NY
National media I’ve been featured in…
- Across the U.S., I’ve been featured as a leading expert in the field of private practice for physical and occupational therapists. Some of them are…
- Advance Magazine for Physical Therapists: HOW TO STAFF A PRIVATE PRACTICE, “The Right Fit” by James Ko, MPT
- Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation: Rehab Roundtable, WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE YOU’D GIVE TO A NEW PRACTICE OWNER?
- National Cold Laser Therapy Video: 830Laser Therapy, A True Healing Device
- APTA member since 1993. View certificate.
- Founder of the Therapist Advocacy Group (TAG) that helps therapists who are being unjustly scrutinized or investigated by the PT Board, Medicare, Insurance Companies, or consumer affairs. If you need assistance or need an expert witness that can testify on your behalfcontact us immediately.
Some professional accomplishments include…
- I’m the senior advisor and head instructor of this program for healthcare practitioners. I graduated from Loma Linda University in 1996. I am the founder and elite therapist for the national Center for Clinical Excellence.
- I have successfully developed the STAR Physical Therapy Network in Southern California and have developed and consulted on numerous facilities across the country, including my own IndeFree PT & Pain Centers. I also direct and lead as President of IndeFree Association.
Some additional professional experiences include…
- Executive Ergonomic Advisor to Circuit City and Viewsonic Corporations
- Professional Consultant and Developer of the Rehabilitation Division of Brea Community Hospital
- Professional Consultant and Developer of the Industrial Medicine unit at the Walnut Industrial Medical Center
- Professional Consultant and Programs Developer of the Rehabilitation Division of the Whittier Area Parents for the Adult Developmentally Handicapped Association
- Professional Consultant and Developer of Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Department of Revive Centers
- Physical Therapist Contributor and Reviewer of the book,“Atlas of Clinical Gross Anatomy” by Kenneth Moses, MD.
If you would like to personally speak with me, contact me now>>>